Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SUNDAY

i made a baby cry with my tribute to whitney houston
i was in the moment
i was entertaining the crowd, i had even sung a police tune,
modified for the baby just a few minutes earlier,
 "the goo goo goo, the gaaa gaa gaa thats all i want to sing to you"
but riffling thru nickis song book whitney's song jumped out at me
and then i realized theres more than 6 words in the song
i really like shouting ANNNNNNNNNNNNND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIi
into the mike
i think thats when the baby left
i belted out those 2 words
nicky was nice enough to sing all the other words
i know the parts i like
and its not always the show stopping parts  ot the songs
its the parts that catch my ear
little word pockets that resonate in my brain
thats the ones i want to sing
so ill work on the medley of my favorite parts of songs
thematically structured
songs i sing in the sun on the railroad
songs i sing in the morning
songs that make work suck less
sexy songs
this will keep me busy at work anyway..

No comments:

Post a Comment